TANZANIA CULTURE SAFARI
MJsafari – Is offering a number of widely praised and increasingly popular cultural tourism programme around northern Tanzania. We provide our client the opportunity to experience something of rural Africa away from the slick lodges and main safari circuit. Several of the programmers also offer the opportunity to spend a night locally or you can spend several days with the locals only if you have contacted us in advance since some of the programmes need an extra preparations to assure your accommodation get a chance to meet your tourist – class standard .
Longido – The cultural tourism project run out of the overgrown village of Longido is one of the most accessible and it is an excellent place to visit for those who want to spend time among the Maasai.
- There are the three different modules on affer to our client which include a walking safari where you can expect to see a variety of Birds and there is a fair amount of large game left in the area.( a half day bird – walk)
- A visit to a Rural Maasai boma (homestead) and meal cooked by the local women’s group.
- There is a full day tour which follows the same route as the bird-walk does, before climbing to the top of Mount Longido an ascent of roughly 400m which offering views of Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru on a clear day, as well as over the Maasai Plains to Kenya.
- The two day module follow the same route as the one day walk, but involves camping overnight in the green Kimokouwa valley, before visiting a dense rainforest that still harbors a number of Buffaloes as well as a number of usual Birds and Monkeys.Ngiresi Village.
MJsafaris- will take you to this attractive village which set on the slopes of Mount Meru some 7km from Arusha town. This cultural tourism programme based in the traditional Wa- Arusha Village of Ngiresi offers many insights into the local culture and Agricultural practices. There are also some lovely walks in the surrounding of Mt. Meru foothills an area characterized by fast –flowing streams, water falls and remnant forest patches.
- From Ngiresi, it’s possible to walk to Lekimana Hill, from where there are good views over the Maasai Steppes and a clear day to Kilimanjaro.
- Another walk takes you to Kivesi Hill, an extinct Volcano whose forested slopes support a variety of birds and small Mammals.
Three different modules are available at Ngiresi, which are the half day module, full-day module and Overnight module where by some of the fees collected from tourist activities goes to village development programmes like schools, Roads and etc.
VIEW SUGGESTED ITINERARIES